Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It has arrived

My book came in the mail yesterday afternoon! I poured through the contents of the pages enthrawled with the pictures and lines and geometry involved!! And the more I looked through the pages the more I was painfully aware... there is a copy of this book burried deep in the caverns of my Mother's sewing room!! I am certain of it!! If I can find the time to drive over to my Father's house, avoid the troll that guards the bridge (that would be my older sister, who will allow nothing to exit the room without her express writen consent), and sift through the mountains of Books, I just know I have seen it before!!
My Mother was a seamstress of epic proportion (by trade she was a nurse, but sewing was her passion). She never claimed to be a quilter, she could not understand how a quilter could waste so much material just for a tiny spec in the middle of the fabric that was to be their treasured piece!! She made, repaired, and saved many a wedding dresses, prom formals, American Girl outfits, and even my costumes for plays and musicals! I always had a new dress for my recidals and dances! Yes, she was a very remarkable woman!! It will be 6 years she has left us this March 16th, and not a day goes by that I do not ache for her. But,  I digress, she was also a Miniature enthusiast!! And I do believe that she bought this book to make quilts for her many dollhouse projects!! That was right up her alley!!!
I have already began deciding where my colours are to go and even gone as far as to make a graff of that blocks I want in what colour!! Now, I have to convince myvery stuborn self that I DO NOT have to start with A-1 and finish with M-13!! This is a challenge for my slightly OCD self!!
I was going to start on this this weekend, however we also recieved news yesterday that my Father-in-law will be leaving on the 26th to Iraq, again. So I will be thinking we will take the kids over there this weekend, spend my Husbands birthday (19th) with his family and let the Kids see Grandpa Tom before he heads off for another year abroad.
I am hopeful to get some time Friday to gather materials needed and at least get my head on straight!!
Pray for my sanity
and more so For My Father-in-law and his journey to come!
Always,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment