Thursday, May 5, 2011

J-10

If I never see another melon again!! LOL So these next two blocks I did something I don't normaly do! Both fo these squares had machine piecing and melons to be sewn on. So I did all of the machine on both and then set forth working on the melons!! WOW!! I am meloned out! I am pretty sure that is not a word! But it is now!! Loved to look that this one ended up with!
I was affraid of distortion, but I think it can together quite nicely!!
Oh, and I did another thing I loathe...the material this came from is a patchwork looking with green and white and pink and the more I look at it the more I think the darker colour is really red and not pink! Not really sure though, anyway I MUTILATED that material to get to where I wanted!! Maybe I can revisit it when it comes to my green!! (truth be told I have a LOT of greens already selected) We will see!!
J
Squares: 31
Triangles: 0
Kites: 0
Pieces: 630

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! This is one I may do over again, when I finish all the blocks. Not enough contrast between the two fabrics and my melons almost disappear.

    All your blocks are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The melons look great! I love how there are different shades of the pink throughout. It is a neat effect.

    ReplyDelete