Monday, February 10, 2014

Celtic Solstice finished top!

It's done! squeal! My first problem becomes... how do I get a picture of this beast??? I tried to lay it in my Daughters room... the quilt top is 114 x 114! The room is only 13 x 13 and that is without furniture in it!!! I have no walls in my house that are that... bare! LOL So these pictures are only about 1/4 of the quilt!
Long view quilt folded in half!
 I hollered at yet another friend to help last night! I had 3 options for the inner border! I let her choose! I liked 2 of the 3 (the one was a white on white and I just think it was WAY to stark! But I had to get another opinion!) I love that 2 of my Besties are now represented in this quilt! If you didn't know it friends this is why I ask you these questions!
I LOVE the 54-40 block and how it gives an appearance of circles in the quilt!
 Who am I kidding, I love everything about this quilt! The flaws and all! It is loud and crazy like me! It has 2 friends mingled into it! There is fabric in here from previous quilts! Fabric from my bloggy swaps! Oh, I forgot about fabric from a dear friend! She is the one who noticed it one morning and pointed it out! Yes the stars have been sitting around my house for a minute or two, A!! What more could I ask for???
Now my second conundrum how in the name of holly heck fire do I basted this behemoth??? LOL Even if I take my kitchen table out of my kitchen the floor is only 108 x 112! (I know Honeyman and I measured it this morning!) I will figure it out! I want to have this beast done by the end of the month!
Wish me luck!
See you soon!
Till then...
Quilt on friends,
Josie

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I can't crawl on the floor to baste anymore--but my longarm will baste for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous - looks like you followed Bonnie's colors - I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josie this quilt is not only gorgeous but it's a treasure for you - you have to be so excited to have the top finished! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Josie! What a great finish - way to go!!!! It's beautiful :) Definitely on my list of "to make someday"

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous quilt!!
    I'm visiting from Jan's blog - sewandsowfarm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Josie!!! I love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete