Saturday, September 21, 2013

Lets talk quilt math!

I have to kick myself in the bottom!! We all know that 2+2 =3 (quilt math friends!!) So why in the world did I keep adding them up and coming up with 2... I will never know!


See the laser!! 
64 pinwheels!
The other day I made pinwheels! LOTS of pinwheels! I made them an inch and a half smaller than they needed to be to get me to where I wanted to be! OK I guess I can go back and make MORE! I am pretty much winging this quilt! Letting it flow and seeing what happens!
 Have to say... I LOVE some of the features on my new machine! On of them that I like to use is the laser guide! When doing HST I draw only one line down the middle of them, set the laser for a scant 1/4 inch and let it guide me! LOVE!!!
2 more rows added on!!
OK so I got off my rocker there for a minute! So after I realized that one of my planned rows was WAY to short I decided to come back to it later! Oh, I know I'm going to make 4 squares... and I made WAY to many of them! (back to the beginning there!! 2+2!!!)
Well I GUESS I could have
1) scrapped a few... OR
2)  come up with another row to go in between!!
YUP!! I'm going to go with option #2!!
I drew up a template for the triangles (because I needed them to be 3 7/8 inches! I know I know make fun of a gal!!) and away I went!
Last night I officially ran out of Kona black so today I will have to make a run to the store before I can continue on!
I spent the better part of last night (hold your hats friends) Getting applique ready for this quilt!! YUP!! The next row is not going to be near as quick! I decided I love the bright on black applique so I am going to try to free hand something!
I am home today with the sniffles, well other than my trip to get more fabric of course!! But I think it will be a great day to sit on the couch and do a little hand stitching!
I have rambled on long enough! back to my coffee and off to start the morning!
See you later!
Till then...
Quilt on friends!!
Josie

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, love this post. You quilt like I do. I come up with a great idea, do my own math, and end up having to re-figure as i go along. I like your backwards star and the way your quilt is coming along.

    ReplyDelete