Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The royal wedding

So I was reading one of the blogs I follw. I was going to leave a comment and then thought about the personal nature of what I was about to write.
With the up coming nuptuals I am brought back in time.
I love how what goes around... I remember my Mother getting up at 4:00 in the morning to watch Charles and Diana get married. She watched in her sewing room on a six inch black and white TV (oh how that TV was her pride and joy when she bought it!! LOL) while working on whatever her latest project was.
As the wedding comes around I am not so much 'into' it as much as into the memory it gives me. I plan on getting up and working on something, anything and remembering my Mom and feeling a little bit close to her. I know she was not a 'royal watcher'. As a matter of a fact if I remember correctly it was my older sister who was nutz into them.
But Every morning as it draws nearer I smile for a moment and think about my Mother and that amazing wedding all those years ago. I wonder if everyone was so cought up in the fairy tale back then, too. I will be watching, but for a much different reason than most, and I guess that is OK.
Three days till the big event,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment