Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A little bit of this and a little bit of that!

OK so I have so many things going through my head right now! First I love summer because I am never really all that aware of what day it is or the date or even the time of day! My job is...well flexible and with Honeyman at the staion 24 on 48 off we really have no set anything!! I was doing something on the computer this morning and it hit me. Today is Aug 9th. My Mother would have been 64 today. Wow that just does not even seem right! I don't think of her as an old woman (not that I think 64 is old because it is not) but wow! I will not dwell on that. I know I do bring her up a lot and I thank people for indulging me.
Hey, have you read any good books today?? I am not a big reader. I am dyslexic and reading takes me a VERY long time. I do LOVE John Saul and have gotten through TWO of his books this summer. I like Allison Brennan and finished up one of her trilogies, I think that is why I like her! The books are 'related' but can each stand alone. You get a little bit more attatched to the charachters I think.
OK but my surprise read of the summer i guess has been the Hunger Games trilogy. I do not know when these came out. I only know my (ready to follow this) Husbands cousin told my Daughter and Mother-in-law to read them. Granny Kim (my MIL) bought them, read them passed them on to the Brat who insisted I read them. Now my ONLY problem is that they are in present tense and I have a very difficult time processing that. But They are FAST reads. I got through the first one in three days! That is like some kind of record for me (Brat had to point out that it only took her a matter of a few hours)! the first book is simply The Hunger Games, the second is Catching Fire, and the third is Mockingjay. I am half way through the second book and I just started it yesterday! Honeyman was on shift so I sat outside till 10:30 reading! I have also learned they have movie (movies?) in the make! They have Woody Harrelson, Stanley Tucci, and Donald Sutherland. Most of the other names I do not know, but they have quite a list on IMDB. I cannot wait! Some of the charachters I do hope they can do justice! Oh, I think this kind of reminds me of a more indepth kind of a Running Man, If you know what I am talking about! Read it and see!!!

1 comment:

  1. I just downloaded Hunger Games to my ipad, but I haven't started it yet. I am lucky to be a fast reader, but I don't think speed is so important. My mom is a slower reader, but she too, is reading something all the time. Just saw the movie "The Help" after reading the book. Both are great, but I always like the book best!

    ReplyDelete