Thursday, March 29, 2012

Oops I did it again...

"Josie," you say!
"Yes, Friend?" I reply.
"Is that what I think it is?"
"Ummmm, nope, well, maybe... all right you caught me! I started another project!!"
Now my friends is the time to say, What in the world were you thinking!!!
I would reply something like... wait I have no excuses! NONE!! LOL!
I had the stuff!! Is that an excuse?? See all of these fabric swaps I do they have these brilliant little four inch square and even though the pattern I am kinda, sorta, but not really making, following, using as inspriation, calls for a layer cake... I decided I can improvise!! This morning however I had to admit I told EllBelle that my thinker was not working properly! She asked if she could kiss it and make it all better! Bless that little angel!!
OK, Here are a few pics to peak your interest!!
Fanned LOL

Stacked!! :)

Anyone know what I am doing??
So the DNP I do have to put one more row of sashing around. I thought about just leaving them at this odd 11 inch finished size... but I like to use my big old 12 1/2 inch ruler to square them up WAY to much!! SO! Oh, and  the center squares in the big square were a 10 inch, but since I was using quarter yard cuts that I alread had, mine were cut to 8 1/2 inch! Use what you have!!
Oh, I love this pattern!! I will tell y'all what it is when I get a little closer to done and I do so hope I have done it a little bit of justice!!


On a side note I just have to make a complaint an observation! I love the spring! I love the smells, the weather, the flowers! I alos love to have my windows open! but... HEY, next time y'all go to buy a house and you are told it is in a quiet neighborhood or that it is an elderly neighborhood, can I translate that for you if you have very small children or infants!! That translates to everyone in the neighborhood mows their lawn between the hours of 12:30 and 2:00!! No, really!! I have five neighbors who I believe to be on a five day cylce thoughout the week and have banded against me!! I have to run around my house and make a MAD dash to close the windows just to be sure that the little ones have not woke up from their naps!! Wow, why can I not live in a neighborhood where everyone works during the day!! LOL Leave me here to watch the nighborhood! OR, better yet I would LOVE to be in the country!! (but when we moved here Honeyman was on a restriction where we could live because of his job)
OK thanks for humoring me with that last little bit of conspiracy theory! LOL!
Get outside! Enjoy the day! Or stitch a little! I am back to see if my thinker is working yet to calculate those last sashings (because for the life of me I just could not do it this morning)!!
Josie

1 comment:

  1. your squares looks great! Can't wait to see it all together!! I feel your lawn mower pain....however I live out in the country were there are no noise bylaws with lots of eldery people who think it is okay to mow at 7am....and once one starts they all start...lol

    ReplyDelete