Monday, October 1, 2012

A few pics from the quilt show and Day 1 Leafs Me Happy

Today's the day!! Day 1 of the Leafs Me Happy Blog Hop!! I love fall and the changing colours! Be sure to check out all of these lovely ladies (and come back to see me on Friday!!)

 
Monday 1
 
 
Now over the weekend my Quilt guild had a show!! WOW is all I have to say!! Such beautiful inspirations!!I took SO many pictures and I don't want to bombard y'all with them! But I will leave you with a few!!!
 
                                                                                              This won best Hand quilting and voters choice! It is Victorian Florals & Stars Pieced and Quilted by Marilyn Galley. The stitches in this just melted into the quilt and those applique JUMPED off of the quilt!
 
 
                                                                                              HA HA this one made me laugh! It was in one of our Challenge categories (but for the life of me I don't know what the challenge was! LOL) It still made me giggle!
 
                                                                                         Bonnie came and spent a weekend with our guild! We had a 3 day workshop and they worked on THREE DIFFERENT quilts! (Sadly I was only able to make it to her trunk show and none of the workshops BOO HOO) Any who, she inspired an Orca Bay the Floridian Way from one of our guild members Shirlee Peterson.  There were SEVERAL of Bonnie's patterns in our show (but this is the only one I think I snapped a shot of! I was there to work, too friends!! LOL)
                                                                                                All right one more pic for today! The last one was Best in show and First place for Quilting Computerized/Digital Long-arm Machine. It was Pieced and Quilted by Guild Member Deb Spencer (who I have to say SWEPT 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in that category!! Just saying!!!) Beautiful job!!!
OK friends! I will check in on y'all, but for now I have to go sew! I have something I have to get done for Friday! Leave me alone now and go check out all the other hoppers!!
Josie :o)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment