Friday, October 14, 2011

QuiltUber Fest Block 13

Grrr Ahhhrg! I love doing this quilt along and I was crazy about this next block till I started it! The PDF was not avainlable right away and that was OK, so I decided to 'figure it out' on my own! Only to realize that in order to make it all 'EVEN' I would have to cut to the eigth of an inch (or something like that) So I decided  that the cross in the middle was OK if it was a little bigger ( and because it is the ghostie material it looks much better in person) after I finished I liked the block, which has no name, and when I went back to the web sight the PDF had been added and I am glad I did it on my own. I don't mean to complain, but I am still VERY new and do so rely on instructions, but the math major in me cannot add up five finished sections of 2.5 inches each and get 12!!!  I get 12.5!! I already have a tough time making my squares even without...ooops!! Love the concept not the execution! in order to make this even steven each section would have had to have been 2.4 inches finished!
So I cut mine...
Colour A- cut one 3 1/2 x 3 1/2
Colour B- cut four 3 1/2 x 5
Colour C- cut four 2 3/4 x 2 3/4 ; cut four 2 3/4 x 5
Colour D- cut four 2 3/4 x 2 3/4
'crossroads'
I do like it! And hey, is that 10 blocks now... I do think so!!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment